Covid-19 Rules and Guidance
Stage 2 - Pathway out of Restrictions
Members/Parents/Guardians/Guest & Visitors of Portadown Tennis Club must adhere to the following guidelines as part of Step 2 of the NI executive’s Pathway out of Restrictions to be able to play.
Follow the Signs when arriving and leaving the Club. A One-Way system has been established where required.
To access the Portadown Tennis Club everyone must:
Key Guidelines for re-opening :
- Adhere to Covid Regulations
- Club opens to members only for play and coaching
- Doubles play is only allowed where playing partners are from the same household
- Coaching sessions should operate with a maximum of four players per court and from no more than two households with a coach observing from a safe distance.
- You must have a court booked prior to playing
- The club house remains closed for now, but it can be accessed for emergencies only
- No spectators are permitted, parents/guardian to supervise children under 18
- Adhere to the club's Covid-19 protocol below
Not have been out of the Common Travel Area - CTA in the last 14 days
- CTA is defined as : England, Scotland, Wales, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Man
- Some international countries are exempt also. Please check here : Returning from countries where no isolation is required.
- Not have been around someone with symptoms of Covid-19 in the last 14 days
- Not be in a period of self-isolation and/or required to shield under the current Health Policy Rules
- Not be displaying COVID-19 symptoms
- Have a pre-reserved court with all players named (See Court Bookings Menu)
- Bring their own equipment (Rackets, tennis balls & drinks)
- Tennis balls may be shared under a strict hygiene regime
Protocol for ARRIVING at the Club
- All must adhere to the social distancing protocol implemented for arriving at the club, waiting to go on court, play and leaving the court and complex.
- PLEASE FOLLOW THE SIGNS
- Hand sanitiser dispensers have been deployed at all courts and the front gate
- No spectators or visitors other than one parent/guardian accompanying a child are permitted
- No spectators or visitors are permitted at the Summer Camps
- The floodlights will not be operational
- The clubhouse will remain closed. Emergency access to Defibrillator, Fire Ext. & First Aid only
- Gates at courts will either be closed & secured or left open.
- There will be no chairs, net winders on court
- The Mini-Court will not be available at this time
- It is recommended to bring your own hand sanitiser or disinfectant wipes
Protocol for PLAYING & LEAVING the Club
- Finish play 10 minutes before the end of the booking and leave promptly keeping to social distancing when leaving
- Singles and Doubles play is now permitted (List all players on your court booking request)
- Keep social distance when changing ends and to adjacent courts
- Do not share equipment (rackets, tennis balls for serving, towels, etc)
- Shared use of tennis balls is permissible following a strict hygiene regime
- Use hand sanitiser before and after play
- Keep social distance of 2 meters to anyone when exiting the courts
- Use your own gloves to open the front gate lock and lock up after you have left the club
Protocol for COACHING at the Club
- All coaching must be pre-booked through Daniel Bennett and Payments must be made electronically.
- Lessons will begin on the hour and last for 50min to allow 10 minutes for players to leave the premises and the next players to arrive from their lesson.
- All players to bring their own equipment, ie rackets, balls & drinks
- Coaching is no longer limited to 1-to-1 sessions
- Players must arrive at the time of booking and ready to play. Please wait in the designated area if players are on court still
- Players under 18 must be accompanied and made aware of the protocols and guidelines of the club
- Use court side hand sanitisers before and after play
- Players should not pick up coaching balls
Coronavirus (COVID-19): overview and advice
Pathway Out of Restrictions
Portadown Tennis Club specific Guidelines & Protocol detailed on this page.